2. The illustrator for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, written
by L. Frank Baum was W. W. Denslow. For what does W.W. stand?
3. What is L. Frank Baum's birth date?
4. Where was L. Frank Baum born?
5. Whom did Mr. Baum marry?
6. What year did Mr. Baum marry?
7. What was the name of the magazine that Mr. Baum edited in 1898?
8. In what year was the word Wonderfuldropped from the title of
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
9. What was the date of Mr. Baum's death?
10. What child star was considered for the role of Dorothy?
11. Bert Lahr signed a 6 week contract with MGM for the making of the
movie and was given a salary of what amount per week?
12. What was Toto's real name?
13. What was the name of Terry's trainer?
14. Did the movie ever show Dorothy crossing the Munchkinland Bridge?
15. What dance was done by the 4 main characters in the Haunted Forest,
later cut from the movie?
16. Who was Margaret Hamilton's standin?
17. Who provided the voices for the Oz apple trees?
18. What type of bird, brought in among many others for atmosphere,
attacked Ray Bolger's straw stuffing and caused the actor to run
to his dressing room?
19. Who played the first Tin Man?
20. The aluminum powder that hospitalized the first Tin Man was
replaced by what and used on actor Jack Haley?
21. How much did each Winkie costume (coat, headdress
and armor) weigh?
22. How much did the Tin Man's costume weigh?
23. How many men worked on planting the artificial poppies in the field?
24. How many plants (artificial poppies) were planted in to the set floor?
25. What starlet appeared in the closing scene in Oz holding the cat t
hat Toto chased?
26. How many colors were the horse of a different color?
27. Name the colors of the horse of a different color.
28. With what did they color the horses?
29. What is the name of the actress portraying Aunt Em?
30. What was the name of the Kansas farmhand played by Bert Lahr?
31. What was the name of the Kansas farmhand played by Jack Haley?
32. What was the name of the Kansas farmhand played by Ray Bolger?
33. What choir did the final voice tracks for the Munchkins?
34. What piece of classical music accompanied Toto's escape from
the Witch's Castle?
35. What piece of classical music accompanied Dorothy's rescue?
36. What musical piece was played during the apple orchard scene?
37. What sound was played to achieve weird noises in the Haunted Forest?
38. What was the cost of making The Wizard of Oz?
39. How long was the filming procedure?
40. What was the date that MGM officially copywrighted the picture?
41. When did The Wizard of Oz premier?
42. Who was the original scarecrow?
43. What is the name of L. Frank Baum's granddaughter?
44. What Oz movie characters/actors attended the premier at
Grauman's Chinese Theatre?
45. Fred Stone named one of his children after a star from
The Wizard of Oz. What did he name the child?
46. How much did Mervyn LeRoy, producer, make on salary at MGM?
47. How much did Judy Garland receive for making The Wizard of Oz?
48. How much did Ray Bolger make for 22 weeks of work?
49. How much did Billie Burke make for her 6 weeks and 2 days of work?
50. What amount was Frank Morgan paid per week for Oz?
51. Bert Lahr was paid what amount per week for his work on Oz?
52. What amount did Jack Haley make per week?
53. How much did Margaret Hamilton get paid per week?
54. What date did The Wizard of Oz first appear on TV?
55. Who was master-of-ceremonies at the 12th Annual Academy
Awards, where The Wizard of Oz was honored?
56. What award did Judy Garland win from the Academy for
her portrayal of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz?
57. Who were the only other 3 juvenile performers to receive this
same award since it's origin in 1935?
58. What was the first literary achievement of L. Frank Baum
regarding and what was the title of this publication?
59. In the first stage musical, "The Wizard", Dorothy was
accompanied by what animal (instead of Toto)?
60. In the stage musical, "The Wizard", what was the name
of this animal that accompanied Dorothy?