Trivia Page 12
1. What award did Judy Garland win from the Academy for her portrayal of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz?
For best original music she received the Nobel Peace Prize.
For outstanding acting, and best singing she received a Wizard of Oz coffee mug.
She did so well she was awarded the Politzer Prize.
Outstanding performance as a screen juvenile. She received the miniature statuette created for this category.
2. Who were the only other 3 juvenile performers to receive this same award since it's origin in 1935?
Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe
Shirley Temple, Deanna Durbin, Mickey Rooney
Jet Li, Marilyn Monroe, Wilferd Brimley
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Madonna
3. What was the first literary achievement of L. Frank Baum regarding and what was the title of this publication?
It was a 75-page booklet on raising chickens, and was called "The Book of the Hamburgs".
It was called The TinMan of Oz
It was a 4 news paper article titled\"There's no place like home"
It was the famous "The Wonderful Land Of Oz" Book.
4. In the first stage musical, "The Wizard", Dorothy was accompanied by what animal (instead of Toto)?
Belina the chicken.
It was a pet pig.
The animal was a pet cow.
One of the ninja turtles
5. In the stage musical, "The Wizard", what was the name of this animal that accompanied Dorothy?
Click Here for Answers